I love being a Mom, it’s the biggest gift and blessing I’ve ever received.
I think as women we build up the perfect picture of what Motherhood should be, while trying to do it all ourselves, not taking time for ourselves and on top of it all trying to look amazing while doing it, sound about right?
Why are we so darn hard on ourselves?
I’m guilty of this but I have a few rules that I live by to help me replenish my soul and keep me on track to be my best self and Mom to my son.
Here Are My Top 10 Commandments Of Being A Fit & Happy Mama
1. Cut TV time and get to bed early (between 9pm and 10pm) so I can wake up before Jackson and enjoy a cup of coffee and a book or creative writing time in silence.
2. I weight train 4 times a week and go on a daily walk (roughly 30-45 minutes long) with my little human.
3. I plan a date night or day with my hubby once a week.
4. I listen to a podcast (The Model Health Show) while having a mani-pedi – every other week.
5. I drink 4 litres of water per day…and I love adding fresh lemon juice and mint leaves.
6. I write my to-do list and schedule for the next day (every night).
7. I only drink coffee before noon
8. I cook dinner 5/7 days out of the week and we sit and eat as a family.
9. I reward myself with new workout clothes, not food.
10. I never weigh myself.
These are the things that make up my perfect Mom Day! I cannot control everything (that’s obvious with a toddler) but I do my best to stick to these commandments as best I can.
I encourage you to make yours too.
Write them out and have them somewhere visible as a daily reminder.
We Mamas need to be happy and fulfilled so our family is happy and fulfilled.